Employers are welcoming back employees in droves to work at the office, even as the Omicron strain of COVID-19 continues to dominate. In response, many businesses are adopting several innovative measures for protection that include anything from encouraging social distancing to offering flexible work options to try and stop the spread of it and other respiratory illnesses. We’ve put together the following post on how to protect the office and employees from the Omicron strain of COVID-19.
Quick Omicron Brief
Nationwide cases of coronavirus cases are decreasing in the U.S., except for Omicron, which is only decreasing in some states. As such, Omicron continues to infect workers as they return to in-person or hybrid work. If you are one of the many employees heading back to the office, you may be wondering what it is, how serious it is and what your employer is doing to protect you.
Here’s the brief on Omicron:
- It is a new strain, or variant, of the COVID-19 virus.
- It spreads easier than the original strain of the COVID-19 virus and the Delta variant.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that people infected with Omicron can give it to others, even if they don’t exhibit symptoms or have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Another thing to note about Omicron: although it is highly infectious, it doesn’t seem to be as deadly as the original SARS-CoV-19 virus. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a threat, though. Therefore, prevention is your best bet.
How to Protect Employees and Your Business from Omicron
It’s unfortunate that the virus continues to evolve, but employers have honed their strategies on how to protect their returning workers from Omicron right along with it.
By continuing to be adaptable and taking a think outside of the box type of approach, companies can give COVID office protection and keep their employees safe and productive. Read on to find out some of the top ways that workplaces are protecting their offices and employees to great effect.
One of the most common and effective ways to protect employees is by using COVID-19 office protection screens. These partition screens can be used to section off different areas in an office, such as workstations, break rooms or copy machines.
In addition, partitions in the office area will help keep people from congregating in close quarters and potentially spreading the virus. Partitions mounted to work desks offer a higher level of protection, as they can help to prevent droplets from spreading.
Encouraging Social Distancing
Social distancing is another great way to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection in the workplace. Encouraging employees to maintain a distance of at least six feet from one another can help to reduce the spread of the virus. Also, giving employees their own nook to work in can help to keep them from congregating and spreading the virus.
Meanwhile, desks can be used to create distance too. Take trading desks, for instance. Being so long, they can act as a socially distanced way to work while still encouraging collaboration.
Offer Flexible Office Solutions
Creating small, comfortable spaces for employees to work in can also help reduce the risk of infection. They can be anything from private lunch or map rooms to small cubicles that offer employees some privacy. These “nooks and crannies” can be created by using partition screens, cubicles or even just low dividers between workstations.
Employers can also offer flexible office solutions to their employees, such as the ability to work from home or remotely. This will help to reduce the number of people who are in close contact with one another and can potentially spread the virus.
Protecting workers goes beyond physical health, it is also mental. You’ll want to promote activities that keep workers’ minds off COVID-19 and instead boosts their energy and mood.
Examples could be:
- Daily yoga or meditation sessions
- A healthy lunch program with plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Fresh fruit in the office break room
- An on-site masseuse once a week (with COVID protection measures still followed)
- Encouraging social distancing by having people work remotely, staggered work hours or telecommuting.
Another way to promote wellness is by encouraging vaccinations. Employees who are vaccinated against COVID-19, the flu and other common viruses are less likely to get sick during a pandemic.
Look for Innovative & Ergonomic Furniture
As a business owner, it’s never a bad idea to provide your employees with the best in ergonomic furniture. Not only does it show that you care about their well-being and comfort, but it can also help to increase productivity.
Some excellent examples of ergonomic office furniture include:
- Height adjustable desks: Standing desks get employees off their feet to encourage creativity after being stuck at home for so long. Sit-stand desks are also perfect for those who want to alternate between sitting and standing throughout the day.
- Task chairs with lumbar support: Chairs that have good lumbar support will help to keep employees comfortable, especially if they are working from home and not used to sitting in a chair all day long.
- Footrests: These help to take the pressure off employees’ feet and legs, which can become tired after being in the same position for an extended period.
- Standing mats: Standing mats can help to reduce the amount of strain on an employee’s feet and legs when they are working in a standing position.
- Mouse pads with wrist rests: Mouse pads that have wrist rests can help to keep employees’ wrists in a neutral position while they are using a computer mouse. This will help to prevent pain and discomfort over time.
Saraval Industries Offers COVID Protection in the Office
It’s important for employers to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to protecting their employees from COVID-19. By using these simple, yet effective, strategies, you can help to keep your office safe and your employees productive.
Saraval Industries is a leading supplier of new and used technical and office furniture. We have over 25 years of experience in the industry and can help you find the safest solutions for your workplace.
We have everything from standing desks to height-adjustable tables and chairs. We also offer a wide variety of partition screens, cubicles and other furniture that can help to protect your employees from COVID-19. Call us at or contact us today for a quote, and we’ll help you find the perfect furniture for your office.